Renewals processed on or after January 1st are subject to a $20.00 late fee and the member is considered delinquent. If the member is still delinquent as of February 1st, said member will have to reapply as a new member and be approved by the Board of Directors. (By-Laws paragraph 403)
To renew click on the renewal link in the renewal email. The email will show that it’s from “MRPC – Membership Chairman” or “email@example.com” in your inbox. Check your email and your “junk” or “spam”email directory. I have reports from some members that this email landed in their “junk” or “spam” directory.
Once you click on the renewal link you will need to Logon to the MMS system. If you have not done this previously you will need your Username which was sent to you by email on 11/1/2018 and is shown again in each Renewal email notice. You will also need your Password. The first time you Logon to the MMS you will need to create your own personal Password.
Where do I get my Username to log onto the MMS? – See Q7 below.
How to create your MMS Password:
- Go to the MMS westsite – CLICK HERE to go to the MMS website
- On the MMS website click on the Member Logon icon.
- Enter your Username (this was provided in the 11/1/2018 Announcement email and again in each Renewal notice email)
- Click on the ” Forgot your password” under the Login button. You will need to enter your Email Address. Then click on the Submit button.
- You will then receive an email from the MMS. This may take a few minutes for you to receive it. In that email click the “Reset Password” link. A webpage from the MMS will appear. Enter your personal Password in each of the two boxes which will verify your password (write down and save your Password). Then clink the Submit button.
- Next the MMS homepage will appear. Click the “Member Login” icon. Enter your Username and Password. You will then be logged into the MMS system.
Below are answers to many of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Q1: How are we going to process membership renewals for 2019?
A1: Simple, all renewals will be done online through the MMS system. Please continue to read below for more information.
Q2: Why are email addresses needed for the MMS?
A2: Initially your log-on user name and password will be sent to you by email from the MMS system. Once logged on you will be able to update your personal information like: mailing address, phone number, email address, etc. Also, in the future you will receive email notifications that will be important to you like reminders to renew your membership, etc.
Q3: Why doesn’t a Spouse or Junior member need to verify their email?
A3: A primary member is required for membership at MRPC. This is either a Resident, Non-Resident, or Honorary member. Spouse and Junior memberships have always been coupled to the primary member. The primary member will have the log-on credential to purchase membership renewals for his/her membership and those “Linked” to that primary membership.
Q4: What if I don’t have an email address or computer? I mean I really don’t have one?
A4: The simplest solution is to have a trusted relative or friend use their email to receive your log-on credential. If you have a relative that is a MRPC member they can renew your membership at the same time they renew their own online – simple 🙂 . MRPC will also make provisions for members who do not have this option. We will set up some Saturday mornings during November and December for a member without a computer to come to the clubhouse to renew the membership online with support from someone from the membership committee. We will do the same process at the clubhouse that you would perform at home. You will need to pay with a credit/debit card.
Q5: How do I pay for my membership online?
A5: Credit or Debit Card. If you don’t have a credit or debit card you can purchase a gift card to use. The online payment processor is a secure account similar to any online purchase processor. If you use a gift card here are some helpful tips:
- Make sure the same information used to register the card is entered on the card payment page i.e. same name, address, etc. The card payment page is not part of the profile system. Information auto-populated from your profile may not be the same as the exact same information you used to register the gift card.
- The card must be a Visa, Master Card, Amex, or Discovery
- Do not use any spaces when entering the credit/debit card number. Enter the number as one continuous string of numbers. This has been a common mistake.
The above corrections are the ones I know of that have allowed the gift cards to successfully work just like a personal card.
Q6: Doesn’t this online MMS thing cost more than the post mail process we do now?
A6: No. The post mail process costs between $4,000 and $5,000 for printing and postage each year. The MMS is the actually less cost per year. The advantage is an easier and better service for club members. The process is simple, with your account logon, go online, purchase your renewal, you then receive an email verifying your renewal – Done! Then come out a shoot 🙂
Q7: Where do I get my Username so I can log onto the MMS system?
A7: In the Renewal reminder emails you have received from the MMS system provides your Username. By the way there is also a “Link” in these reminder emails which will direct you straight away to the renewal form. This is the simplest way to complete your renewal.
Q8: When will I get my new 2019 sticker once I renew?
A8: 2019 Stickers are planned to be mailed out in a single batch once the renewal season is complete on January 31st. The mailing is planned to go out the first week of February 2019. As a reminder, stickers have no function for your membership badge to operate the gate. The magnetic strip inside the badge opens the front gate. The stickers simply indicate an active member and show the clubhouse door pass code. Both the old and new pass codes are active through February. An email will go out to renewing members with the passcode at that same time.