Dick Hoff Memorial Match
The Dick Hoff Memorial Match is held once a year and is open to both members and non-members. There is also a picnic after the match! You can use any original or reproduction traditional muzzle loading style rifle from the mid – late 1800’s era of International Rifle Matches or a breech loading single shot rifle chambered in original black powder cartridge. The match is fired at 300 yards and from 600 yards in the prone position.
Dick Hoff was a long-term member of MRPC. He was a distinguished high power shooter and in the last few years of his life was an ardent black powder shooter. He participated in several national and international competitions. Dick tragically died of cancer. Since 2013, this match has been held annually. An award plaque posted in the MRPC clubhouse lists both the cartridge and muzzle loader winners from each year.
- Course of Fire – 300 and 600 yards in the prone position.
- Rifles – Any original or reproduction traditional muzzle loading style rifle from the mid – late 1800’s era of International Rifle Matches or a breech loading single shot rifle chambered in original black powder cartridge.
- Bullets – Lead alloys, no gas checks, paper patches are ok.
- Sights – Original type vernier rear and aperture front. Hadley eyecups and scope class-original style ¾” scope and mounts are ok.
- Propellant – Black or Pyrodex Powder only, no Duplex Powder.
- 15 shots for score, unlimited sighters. Pair fired in 90-minute relays.
- Sling, international rest or x-sticks for muzzle loaders and cartridge rifles.
- When shooting at 600 yds. the road into the club facility must be closed. Therefore, each 600 yd stage will be held in four 20-minute and one 10-minute segments to permit reopening of the road.
- Timing – Check-in and shooters meeting at 9:00 am in the club house. The match begins at 9:30 am.
- Rules – Safe conduct of all matches and activities shall be foremost. Any person who is conducting themselves in an unsafe manner shall be dismissed from the match. Hearing and eye protection required. Everyone will score and take their turn in the pits. Bring a chair, sunglasses, food, water, and rain gear. We will not be stopping for lunch.
- Awards – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for aggregate total. Separate awards for cartridge and muzzle loader class. This is not an NRA registered match so no national records can be set.
Pre-registration is Required by phone or e-mail by May 2, of the current year.
We will try to honor all squadding requests but no guarantees!
To register or to get additional information contact the match director Dave Munch at: 513-474-6292 or email