Sporter Rifle Matches
The Sporter Match is an opportunity for the beginner and experienced shooter alike to use a hunting type rifle and get the feel for shooting a scaled-down Highpower rifle match. Either iron sights or scopes are allowed. We welcome and will assist all new shooters.
Dates and times:
- Generally the 4th Sunday of every month.
- Check the events calendar to be certain.
- Sign up begins around 0800, the match starts at 0900.
- The match is usually finished around noon.
Club members $3.00
Non members $5.00
- Competitor must shoot in 6 matches to be eligible for end of year awards.
- 6 best matches will be averaged to determine class awards.
- Only the monthly winner will be awarded a free Sporter match, coffee cup or can cooler.
- The two classes are, limited and unlimited. Unlimited class is available for shooters using match rifles or other equipment that does not comply with the rules listed below.
- Unlimited is not eligible for awards.
- Center fire rifle capable of holding 4 rounds.
- 32 rounds of ammunition for record plus additional rounds for sight-in.
- Ground sheet or mat to lay on.
- Open chamber indicator. If you do not have one ask the match Director to borrow one.
- Eye and ear protection required.
- A spotting scope is not necessary but is can be useful.
- Military or hunting slings are allowed.
Sporter class Rules
- Telescopic or metallic sights may be used.
- Gloves are allowed but not specialized shooting gloves or mitts.
- Palm rest and adjustable type butt-plate are not allowed.
- Competitive shooting coats, adjustable buckle type, are not allowed.
- Rifle must not weigh over nine and half pounds including magazine and sights but not the sling.
- A corrective lens may be used in front or rear sight but not in both at the same time.
- Match rifle or cuff type slings are not permitted.
- Compensators and muzzle brakes are not permitted.
- Bi-pods and use of magazine as a rest in prone position are not permitted.
Course of fire
- All firing is done at 200 yards in the following order.
- Five minute unlimited shots sight-in period. Single loading only.
- 8 shots for record in 8 minutes for prone slow-fire. Single loading only.
- 8 shots for record prone rapid-fire (2 – thirty second 4 shot strings).
- 8 shots for record sitting rapid-fire (2 – thirty second 4 shot strings).
- 8 shots for record in 8 minutes for offhand (standing with no sling). Single loading only.
- Total of 32 shots fired for record.
This is a great opportunity to fire your surplus military rifles (SKS, Mosins, Mausers, Enfields, Arisaka, Schmidt-Rubin, etc.), hunting rifles (Winchester, Remington, Savage, etc.), civilian versions of military arms such as AR-15, AK-47, FAL, AR-10, G3 (HK-91) etc.
Sporter Rifle Match Scores
- Oct 25 2020 Sporter Rifle Scores
- August Sporter Rifle Scores
- July Sporter Rifle Scores
- Feb 23 2020 Sporter Rofle Scores
- Sporter Rifle Scores Jan 2020
- Sporter Rifle Score Dec 2019
- Novenber 2019 Sporter Rifle Match Scores
- October 2019 Sporter Rifle scores