The Recreational Rimfire match is just as it sounds. It’s designed for you to have an enjoyable low key match experience. You will be shooting at 50 yards, and you are able to shoot any rimfire rifle that is .22 magnum or smaller. Most of us have at least one, if not more, rimfire rifles in the safe. This is an opportunity to get out and have fun and get experience shooting in a match.
The match takes place on the first Sunday of every month on the Small Bore Range.
- Registration is open from 2:00 – 2:40
- Pre-registered shooter spots are given away @ 2:30 if they are not registered by then.
- Safety briefing @ 2:45 or sooner if all spots are filled
- First shots are fired @ 3:00 or sooner if everyone is ready
Pre-registration process: The Small Bore Range is limited to 26 shooting positions. The first 26 shooters who respond to the match email notice are guaranteed a spot. To join the email list contact Joel Craig After 2:30 on match day, any pre-registered shooter not signed in will lose their spot to any unregistered shooter. If there are enough shooters there will be a second relay. The Friday before the match an email listing those who have pre-registered is sent which lists the 1st or 2nd relay shooters.
The course of fire is 10 rounds slow fire in 10 minutes, followed by 10 rounds of rapid fire in 2 strings of 5 rounds each in a 30 second time limit. These will be fired in prone, sitting/kneeling, and standing positions. If you prefer, you can shoot any or all of the stages from the bench.
Any rimfire rifle .22 mag or smaller. There are no limitations on rifle type, sights, weight, or barrel length.
At least 60 rounds of ammunition, plus the number of sighting shots you plan to fire. There are unlimited sighting shots allowed during the sight-in/warm up period. Standard velocity or subsonic is usually regarded as being more accurate, but feel free to use whatever velocity ammunition you have on hand.
If you are using iron sights you may want to sight in your rifle before you arrive or bring some type of spotting scope.
Mat or cushion if you are shooting prone because the firing line is concrete.
Eye and Ear protection is required
$4 for members
$5 for non-members
This is a recreational match, so no prizes will be awarded except a sense of accomplishment as you see your skills improve from month to month.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you have any Recreational Rimfire questions please contact:
Contact Match Director
Recreational Rimfire Scores
- Recreational Rimfire Match 02/04/2024
- Recreational Rimfire Match 02/04/2024 UPDATE
- 01-03-2024 Caddyshack Classic Match Scores
- Recreational Rimfire Match 01/21/2024
- Recreational Rimfire Match 12/03/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 11/05/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 10/01/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 09/03/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 08/06/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 07/02/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 06/04/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 05/07/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 04/02/2023
- Recreatonal Rimfire Match 03/05/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 02/05/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 01/08/2023
- Recreational Rimfire Match 12/4/22
- Recreational Rimfire Match 11/6/22
- Recreational Rimfire Match 10/2/22
- Recreational Rimfire Match 9/4/22